Monday, July 6, 2009

High up Dry Canyon Trail - Uinta National Forest, Utah


I tried to go from the bottom of Battle Creek Trail, in Pleasant Grove, up to Dry Creek Trail, to Grove Creek Trail, down to Pleasant Grove again on this last trail. It seems I took one wrong turn (on an unmarked trail) and ended up at the top of a different mountain (the "G" mountain). Good thing I had been to the top of said mountain and I knew my way down from there. For some time, however, I was on the East, shadowy side of the mountain, amongst low, thick trees and high grasses, with no trail.


The photo above shows the point where I took the trail I was not expecting to take.


These trails are all in the Uinta National Forest (of the Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest), comprised of 871,237 acres, located in north central Utah, southeast of Salt Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment